LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Data to Excel template sheet

Hi All,

Attached labview file is use to copy the Excel datas from one sheet and create new sheet and paste the data (In Single file). What am trying to do is , Instead of creating new sheet for pasting data, I want the put the datas to the sheet which I already created as template file(Excel). I am facing problem in that. Can any1 help me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards

Saamy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,996 Views)

as I cant open your vi (i only have lv2010) a suggestion i have is read the data in then use the MSoffice report wizard which can use excel templates in the report generation toolkit

hope it helps 

TD 

Please remember to accept any solutions and give kudos, Thanks

LV 8.6.1, LV2010,LV2011SP1, FPGA, Win7
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,987 Views)

Hi TD,

Thanks for the reply. Attached file is for 2010. Can u plz try this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,982 Views)

Hi Saamy,

If you have the Report Generation Toolkit then you can use named ranges to insert data into an excel template.

If you don't have the toolkit then maybe this thread will help:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-fill-pre-defined-tables-in-Word-2003-with-test-results/td-p/1... 

-CC 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome!"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,974 Views)

Hi ChrissyC,

Thanks a lot for the info.

Now got that tool kit from your link. Can you please tell me how to use named ranges to insert data into an excel template.

For example I have excel template with two sheets (sheet names: Data and Temp). The data sheet is having some data which I have to copy to Temp sheet. when I try to use excel copy workshhet.vi its creating new sheet with the name Data(2). plz tell me how to copy the data to the temp sheet.

I have attached the sample template and labview file. Plz check the attachment. 

Thanks in advance

--

Thanks & Regards

Saamy

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,951 Views)