LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conveyor indicator

I need to show a conveyor on the front panel, with a moving part.  I watched a youtube video called 'SCADA in LabVIEW - Conveyor' which is what I need to do, but the conveyor control they used is located in the DSC module, which I don't have.  Are there any add modules from VIPM that would give me that control, or can I build one and replace the slider with my parts, as was done on the youtube video?

If I can build one, I am not aware of how to do this? Is there a tutorial or information on this?

Thank you.

metzler CLAD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,295 Views)

Right click a slider control and click Advanced -> Customize.  Inside the new window, click the Window -> Show Parts menu option.  This will allow you to select the different parts of the slider and see the size of the components, etc.  Replace the Housing graphic with a conveyor image and replace the slider graphic with an image of the part that will be moving down the conveyor.  Do this by copying your image to the clipboard, select the slider part that you want to replace, and click Edit -> Paste from Clipboard at Same Size.  You may need to adjust your image to have the same aspect ratio as the slider component so that when it is pasted at the same size, your image doesn't get skewed.

There is a UI Interest Group on the forums.  Maybe you could ask there for additional help with this. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,278 Views)