From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting data from frequency to mass but nothing shows up on waveform chart

I am trying to convert frequency data from labview to mass in ng. I have a conversion formula. I used the conversion formula and wired the output data to a waveform chart.

So, I think I did everything correct when trying to convert frequency values from the QCM to mass values in ng%2Fcm^2. What I did was convert the frequency data into mass data as a function of time by calculating delta frequency and multiplying by the appropriate scalar. I approximated the area of the quartz crystal to be 1 cm^2. I wired the data to a waveform chart (called mass (ng%2Fcm^2) as shown in the block diagram I attached. The problem is that when I run the vi nothing shows up on the mass waveform chart I just created. I played around with changing the scales but absolutely no data is recorded when the vi runs. I don't know why that is the case. 

Thanks.  -Sicelo

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,057 Views)

Hello Sicelo,

It sounds like your frequency chart is behaving properly, is that correct? Have you tried creating a probe on the wires between the frequency and mass charts to see where the data is (possibly) being lost?

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,037 Views)

Hi guys.

Thank you so much for your help. I succeeded in converting the frequency data to mass. I posted a new question about a new problem I am encountering. My vi does not run when I run it even after everything is properly connected. 

My new message is posted under "vi does not sense signal from instrument"

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Sicelo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,034 Views)