LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting a Binary File “ . bin” to a TDMS file

Good morning, everyone.

I am looking to convert a “. bin” binary file into a TDMS file so that it can be read by RFSG SFP (Soft Front Panel).

From what I read, the requested properties are the signal name, the header size and its I/Q rate.

So what I’ve done for now is to open my “. bin” file, retrieve the data from it, provide it to the TDMS file, and then add the necessary headers using “Define Properties.
There -below a picture of my code:
Nydearon_0-1620638227132.png

The problem is that when I try to read in RFSG SFP, I get the following error :

Nydearon_1-1620638340584.png

So my question is, how do we solve this problem? Do I need to add an additional header?
Also, is there a general specification for TDMS files under RFSG SFP?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,339 Views)

Hi Nydearon,

@Nydearon wrote:

The problem is that when I try to read in RFSG SFP, I get the following error :

Nydearon_1-1620638340584.png

So my question is, how do we solve this problem? Do I need to add an additional header?

Apparently RFSG expects some UpConverter_Gain property, which is missing in your TDMS file…

(I haven't worked with that tool, but can't you create a TDMS file with RFSG and then analyze it to learn about all the needed properties?)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,319 Views)

That is the whole problem.
To create my code, I first analyzed two sample files with the TDMS “List component” tool. These two files had several headers:
ChannelLength, Data-Type, Headroom, IQ_Rate, WaveformType,dt and t0.
Then I tried to put it on another “. bin” file, and it worked. I then narrowed it down to headers. Data -Type, IQ_Rate and Headroom, and it still worked.
But for a simple cosine written to a binary file, it asks me for a new “UpConvert_Gain” parameter that was not needed before.

That’s why I wanted to know if a general specification exists and which works for any . bin file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,294 Views)
There -attached the binary file I’m talking about with the cosine.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,290 Views)