From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Temperature

Ive got the first part of this done but im not sure how to do this part:

Add two numeric controls “Upper
Limit” and “Lower Limit”. Add two Boolean indicators “Over Limit” and “Under Limit”. If the
value of TC > “Upper Limit” then “Over Limit” = True. If the value of TC < “Lower Limit” then
“Under Limit” = True. Verify functionality.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(1,621 Views)

I dont even know where to start with this one.

Write a VI that accepts an angle in degrees from a type double numeric control (Front Panel)
and displays the sine of the angle in a type double numeric indicator (Front Panel). On the block
diagram, evaluate the sine function using the Sine function. From the Context Help Window for
this function, you will find that its argument x input must be in radians, so you must first convert
the angle input by the Numeric Control from degrees to radians. Suggested function: Degree to
Radian. Save as “Sine Function.vi”.
7. Run “Sine Function.vi” with the following test cases” and record the results in a text file “Assign
02 Prob07.txt”. Text file is created by typing values into notepad not programmatically writing
to a file

a. Angle = 0
b. Angle = 45
c. Angle = 90
d. Angle = 180

e. Angle = 270
f. Angle = 360

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(1,628 Views)

Build a VI that simulates the toss of a coin. On your block diagram, use the function Random
Number (0-1) to generate a random floating-point number, in the range from 0 up to 1. If the
random number ≥ 0.5, the result of the coin toss is Heads; otherwise, the result is Tail. Use a
Select function as shown below to decide which of the two string constants be sent to a front
panel String Indicator which displays the toss result.
Verify functionality by observing execution with high light execution (the lightbulb).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,630 Views)

Better get started on your homework.  When is it due?  Friday?  No one's going to do your homework for you, but we'll give you help in proportion to your effort.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,609 Views)

@KingCobrah12 wrote:

I dont even know where to start with this one.

I have an idea! Go to the top of the forum and look at the training resources.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,599 Views)

You really need to follow the lessons you learned in class, or take those free LabVIEW tutorials online.

How to Learn LV

When you want to compare numbers, you should be looking in the Boolean palette.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,580 Views)

Hi King,

as all your questions are about "how to solve my homework" I merged them - the answer is always the same!

Learn LabVIEW to be able to solve those (rather simple) problems!

Limit” and “Lower Limit”. Add two Boolean indicators “Over Limit” and “Under Limit”. If the
value of TC > “Upper Limit” then “Over Limit” = True. If the value of TC < “Lower Limit” then

Are you sure you got the first part done in this temperature conversion routine? Is the math correct?

You already added those two numeric controls, but why did you use those switches for your "boolean indicators"? Have you ever seen another programs using switches to indicate conditions to the user?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,555 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi King,

as all your questions are about "how to solve my homework" I merged them - the answer is always the same!

Learn LabVIEW to be able to solve those (rather simple) problems!

Are you sure you got the first part done in this temperature conversion routine? Is the math correct?

You already added those two numeric controls, but why did you use those switches for your "boolean indicators"? Have you ever seen another programs using switches to indicate conditions to the user?

Did you test your temperature conversion? I believe that you need to check your math. 32 F is not 480 C.

As for the other part of your code, what did you learn in class about comparison functions? As has been said already this forum is not a homework mill - we're not going to do your homework for you. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,538 Views)