From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert 32 bits string in a hex number LV 7

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!!

I have a 32-bit string that I need to convert a hexadecimal number, which program can I do?

Someone can help me?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,887 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joaolima4

Each character in a string is a BYTE.  So are you saying each of those I8s are 0 or 1?  If that is the case, then why not just use booleans (TRUE or FALSE)?  An array of booleans would make this really simple since you could just use the Boolean Array To Number primitive to do the conversion for you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(2,884 Views)

Do you mean to say you have a string (Ascii, text data) of the form "01001011010001010010111001010011"?  [If I counted correctly, there are exactly 32 0's or 1's in that string].  Have you looked at the String functions?  Have you looked at "Scan from String"?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,860 Views)

I just noticed that you specified LV 7, which I assume is LabVIEW 7.  I don't have LabVIEW 7 on this PC, so I'm not sure if the Scan from String function goes back that far (I'm pretty sure that it has been around for at least 6-7 years, though).  But there should be some appropriate String function, I would think ...  If not, get "modern" LabVIEW and you will have a much more powerful Software Platform than LabVIEW 7.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,858 Views)

So I had a VM with Windows XP and LabVIEW 7.0 -- Scan from String is there, you should be "good to go".

BS

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,853 Views)