From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion between legacy error and encoded error strange behavior?

I try to convert an error cluster using the new Convert to Encoded Error Cluster.vi and Convert to Legacy Error Cluster.vi. However, this simple workflow mess up the error message (see image). I wanted to include attributes to the error, access them in an error handler, and display a simple error message in the end.

Am I doing something wrong? Or the workflow I have was ignored by this tool designer?

ErrorWF.png

EDIT: Actually, I see that \n and \r are not properly converted back to whitespace ☹️ Should I request a correction?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(761 Views)

I am not familiar with these tools. Can you attach an actual sample VI so we don't need to guess from a picture.

@bienieck wrote:

EDIT: Actually, I see that \n and \r are not properly converted back to whitespace ☹️ Should I request a correction?

They should again be interpreted as linefeeds (not whitespace) to match the first picture. Instead they seem to be displayed as \-codes.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(735 Views)

Example in the attachment.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(724 Views)