This widget could not be displayed.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling and programming a dc power supply for experiment

Hello ı am a 4th year mechanical engineering student. I have a project to graduate from university. I am trynig to design electrical heater with vary voltage. How can I control Dc power supply (TTİ QPX 1200 SP max:60 V- 40 A) voltage with labview. I mean ı want to make an algorithmalgorithm to change voltage. And also can I use student version with my own laptop for free. I sometimes go to  my university lab to use dc power supply. Is it problem for NI? Or can ı use community edition?algorithmalgorithm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,523 Views)

Hi umutcanbin,

@umutcanbin wrote:

I am trynig to design electrical heater with vary voltage. How can I control Dc power supply (TTİ QPX 1200 SP max:60 V- 40 A) voltage with labview. I mean ı want to make an algorithmalgorithm to change voltage.algorithmalgorithm

Read the manual of your power supply to learn about its capabilites.

Then choose one of the communication busses offered by your device (as written on the website of the manufacturer):

LAN (LXI), USB, GPIB interfaces

Then use VISA functions to send commands to your device and to read its responses!

What have you tried so far? Where are you stuck?

@umutcanbin wrote:

And also can I use student version with my own laptop for free. I sometimes go to  my university lab to use dc power supply. Is it problem for NI? Or can ı use community edition?algorithmalgorithm

When installing LabVIEW you acknowledged the license agreement, so you should know the answer… 🙂

When you want to solve a university task you should use your student edition.

The community edition is provided for "home use", but not for "educational purposes"!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,469 Views)

I connected dc power supply with labview. Thank you so much. I have another question but I will ask in another topic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,456 Views)