LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a power supply via LabView using USB type B

Hello, So I am trying controlling a power supply via LabView using USB type B but i have no experience in LabView or programming a power supply. i know i have to follow the instruction of the power supply but i don't know how to start or what to do ? the power supply is GWINSTEK PFR-100. if anyone available in san Diego to help with it, i would really appreciate it.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,207 Views)

@Halfairooz wrote:

Hello, So I am trying controlling a power supply via LabView using USB type B but i have no experience in LabView or programming a power supply. i know i have to follow the instruction of the power supply but i don't know how to start or what to do ? the power supply is GWINSTEK PFR-100. if anyone available in san Diego to help with it, i would really appreciate it.

I hope you are planning on paying for that help.

I wouldn't do work for nothing. 🙂

EDIT:

Since you wrote in your other post that you are a student, what you are asking for would be considered cheating. This reflects very poorly on you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,200 Views)

First, learn to use the power supply manually.  Then you can think about what commands are needed to do what you did manually.

Next, learn to use MAX (Measurement and Automation eXplorer).  This is where you can find your instrument and mess around with sending commands.

Next, learn LabVIEW basics.  There are links to free online training at the top of the LabVIEW board.

Finally, Gwinstek has a driver available here: https://www.gwinstek.com/en-US/products/detail/PFR-100 under the Downloads header.  It may even have an example that you can copy and modify to suite your needs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,197 Views)

please before you accusing me of cheating know the whole story. computer engineering is not my major and yes am allowed to use outside sources for help 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,109 Views)

@Halfairooz wrote:

please before you accusing me of cheating know the whole story. computer engineering is not my major and yes am allowed to use outside sources for help 🙂

Seems like you have done nothing so far, so how is that asking for "help" ?   Seems more like having someone do the work for you.

You have presumably been attending class and you learned nothing up to this point?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,099 Views)

Ok, let's all relax a bit?

Halfairooz, some things that might help you get more help with this question are the following:

• Link the manual, which lists the commands and formatting your power supply accepts. If you haven't already found this, reading it might solve your problem for you.
  • Take a look at the relevant examples, via the Help > Find Examples... dialog in LabVIEW. I'd guess (but without the manual, it is only a guess) you should look at the VISA ones
  • Upload a VI (perhaps based on an example) that shows what you've tried, and what you're struggling with. If appropriate, tell us what commands you're trying to send (perhaps use default values for controls?) and what the expected and observed behaviours/results are. We probably don't all have your power supply to run our own tests, but with the manual and your example we can probably fix any common issues.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,081 Views)