LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling 9134 through ethernet

I have a NI 9134 Chassis with the Windows OS installed and I'm running a test thats going to require I keep the module right next to a very loud engine.  I want to be able to monitor the incoming data live and run a VI that will require some user input during the test but I don't want to have to sit right next to the engine if I can avoid it.  So what I'd like to see if I could do is to access it over Ethernet almost like a regular Ethernet Chassis.  I've seen others try and do this via remote desktop but their results were pretty poor apparently. Seems it's really laggy and disconnects frequently.  I was hoping someone else here might have gone through this before and knows how to control a cDAQ chassis via an ethernet connection.

Thanks for any help!

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,335 Views)

Hi! Unfortunately this is not a ethernet chassis so trying to control it as a regular ethernet chassis is not possible. You have the option of remotely control it, but as you said there might be poor performance depending on what you want to do. The user inputs that you say, could they be made from another place? I am thinking of having maybe a HMI screen wired to the cDAQ but located a little bit more far away from the engine.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,292 Views)