From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controling a LabVIEW VI from C#

Hello,

I'm writing a C# program that calls LabVIEW  VI's using the ActiveX automation interface.
Getting started was quite straightforward (Load a VI, set/get simple parameters, run VI, etc...), but I could not figure out how to pass "clusters" from my C# program to LabVIEW...
The help for the "VirtualInstrument.call" method mentions a cluster should be treated as an array of variants - any example available?
I also noticed a "LabVIEWTypes" assembly that seems to have been created to allow manipulation of waveform data types was available- Did anyone experimented with this already?
...Any information would be appreciated!
Regards
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,314 Views)

I could figure it out ...

In .NET, there are no variants anymore - everything derives from "object" and so we need to create an array of object - each object in this array being a "field" of our cluster.

Let's consider a cluster that contains 3 numeric (double), we would control it from C# in the following manner :

//settings cluster [cluster = array of objects]

object[] myCluster;

//declare settings "cluster"

myCluster =

new object[3];

myCluster

[0] =
new double(); //

myCluster

[1] = new double(); //

myCluster

[2] = new double(); //