LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control inputs into a text file

Hello all, 

does anyone know how to save into a text file different numbers the user puts using controls??

I have been tried using arrays but I didn´t success 😞

Thanks!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,866 Views)

Can you show us how you did (Attach a VI in 2013 or earlier version)

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,861 Views)

Hi lacorgui,

you could format your numbers into a text file like this:

check.png

This is just one method of saving numbers to files. There are a lot more, just look at the file functions palette!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 7
(2,852 Views)

I got it when my inputs are fixed, converting numbers to strings and then concatenating those. However, this does not work when I have different values during time, for example during a measurement.  

What I want is to save different values (namely A, B and C) at different times in a same text file. For example, for a time X I want A, B and C values in three different columns, for time X+1 again the values in a different row and so on. 

I´ll try to post the vi soon! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,845 Views)

Thank you GerdW, 

I´ll try doing this, at least for fixed numbers (it seems more tidy than my method ;))

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,842 Views)

Use WriteToSpreadsheetFile…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 7
(2,841 Views)

If you are trying to save and load control values, OpenG has a Save Panel to INI and Load Panel From INI that is quite handy.  Just pass the VI reference to the function, and a path for the file to be saved to and the front panel will be saved to a human readable file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,800 Views)