From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control inputs into a text file

Hello all, 

does anyone know how to save into a text file different numbers the user puts using controls??

I have been tried using arrays but I didn´t success 😞

Thanks!! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,863 Views)

Can you show us how you did (Attach a VI in 2013 or earlier version)

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,858 Views)

Hi lacorgui,

you could format your numbers into a text file like this:

check.png

This is just one method of saving numbers to files. There are a lot more, just look at the file functions palette!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 3 of 7
(2,849 Views)

I got it when my inputs are fixed, converting numbers to strings and then concatenating those. However, this does not work when I have different values during time, for example during a measurement.  

What I want is to save different values (namely A, B and C) at different times in a same text file. For example, for a time X I want A, B and C values in three different columns, for time X+1 again the values in a different row and so on. 

I´ll try to post the vi soon! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,842 Views)

Thank you GerdW, 

I´ll try doing this, at least for fixed numbers (it seems more tidy than my method ;))

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,839 Views)

Use WriteToSpreadsheetFile…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 7
(2,838 Views)

If you are trying to save and load control values, OpenG has a Save Panel to INI and Load Panel From INI that is quite handy.  Just pass the VI reference to the function, and a path for the file to be saved to and the front panel will be saved to a human readable file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,797 Views)