From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control from Host.Vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Thanks again,i already did step1,2,3 that you mentioned.

Only difference is that i have only Host_rio.vi and not Host_PC.vi.Does it make any difference??Are those 2 VIs the same??FPGA LED in the chassis was not blinking with the fPGA code,although the code was working.

Pls also help me with stripping Vi so i can share my code here.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 38
(1,943 Views)

Host_rio.vi and Host_PC.vi do the same, but you can run Host_PC directly from PC.
It doesn't matter for ability to work.

You mean that my example work and you can see changes on chart, but FPGA led always off?

Bob_Schor say that you can copy your project with different name (save as..) and delete from vis major part of code. And this way you get simple code (for example with 1-2 IO signals) which work on FPGA but not work (or work) with host and then post your code here.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 38
(1,938 Views)

I am using LV2014,the code that you shared is of LATEST version.Could you pls save for previos version and share it with me here.PLease.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 38
(1,921 Views)

I managed to do it myself,i recreated your whole code and that works just PERFECT 🙂

The FPGA LED in the chassis does blink while this code runs.

It did strip and attach my project code here  for your reference.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 38
(1,912 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 38
(1,911 Views)

No,thanks.Pls check my previous msg,i did recreate your code and attached my working code that has problem.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 38
(1,908 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author krupa

I removed my code completely,added a new code were the Start,Motor ON/Off,Stop alone are present in the Host Vi that communicates with the FPGA Vi and now the motor works with this simple code.

I conclude,the comm. btw Host and FPGA is happening but with my actual Host code there is some issue to be debugged.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 38
(1,898 Views)

I am stuck at something very weird.

I did compile my code,when i run the fpga code it works but the host that has the fpga reference does not all of a sudden.I did recompile again,it works once and not again.Ufff,so many times this is happening today.

Pls pls help me out

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 38
(1,897 Views)

You mark your question as "solved" and your post as "solution" but now write that you need help.
So, what is your problem?
Code work once and than not work? Or you can't compile your code?
You talk about your "test.zip ‏265 KB" or you already work with another code?
If second, attach your new code and write your steps and troubles in detail.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 38
(1,867 Views)

Hi

This issue is solved thus i closed this.I am facing another problem were the FPGA reference in the host is giving error 61701 even after compiling the code several times.this is a new issue so raised a new post.You can refer the fpga code that i attached here (256kb) earlier,i am working on it.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 38
(1,865 Views)