LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control and indicator

Hi, 

Il would like to load parameters in control instead of cluster like in this VI. 

It is possible ? 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,728 Views)

Just write the values to local variables of the controls.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,726 Views)

Thank you for your answer altenbach.

Can you show me example please ? 

Cordially

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,721 Views)

Hi aznnath,

you could write the current values into local variables of your controls. You need to make this whenever you change the index of your cluster array!

I would rather make a "nicer" cluster using silver controls as you did your your controls right now. Position the cluster element as you like them on your UI.

Then hide the array index as you use those buttons to switch array elements.

Then make the array border transparent as well as the cluster border. You might even make their inner area transparent to have your cluster elements visually floating over panel background.

Then make your cluster array a control instead of indicator as of now.

Using this approach you only need to handle the cluster array, without copying of data between cluster elements and scalar controls…

Hint:

You should get the habit of wiring shift register values through each case of a case/event structure! You might even have LabVIEW do the wiring for you by right-clicking the output tunnel of the respective wire…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 7
(2,716 Views)

aznnath11 wrote:

Can you show me example please ? 

Here's a quick picture. create local variables for all other controls and do the same.

Message 5 of 7
(2,714 Views)

Thank you for help altenbahch and GerdW !

GerdW wrote :

I don't really know how to do this, can you show me example please ? 

Best regards 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,680 Views)

@aznnath11 wrote:

Thank you for help altenbahch and GerdW !

GerdW wrote :

I don't really know how to do this, can you show me example please ? 

Best regards 

Something is seriously out of whack here.  You aren't the author of this VI, are you?  I fail to see how you could come up with something like this VI, yet fail to know how to turn an indicator into a control.  That makes me question why you would want to do this any differently than it is already?

I take it back.  I'm just thoroughly confused about this VI and what the OP really wants to do with it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,647 Views)