From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control & Simulation of cRIO

Hello,

I have a NI cRIO-9074 that I am trying to use to build a controller for a proportioning valve that take mA signals from an NI 9265 (in the cRIO). Typically, I am able to contol the valve just fine using the AO0 channel of the 9265. However, when I try to build a controller in a control and simulation loop, I get an error when trying to deploy the VI. I have attached a screenshot of the error message, the measurement and automation explorer, and the block diagram. Any help here would be great!!

I am not sure how to install the NILVSim onto the cRIO RT target. Thanks in advance!!

Rich

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,705 Views)

Hi,

What options do you get once you right click on NI CompactRio/Add-remove software? please attach a screenshot of that.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,653 Views)

Hi rich24,

Usually, this is caused by CD&Sim not being deployed on the cRIO. Righ-cleck on software under the cRIO target in NI MAX. Then, select Add/Remove Software, are you able to deploy the CD&Sim module to the target from a custom installation? 

Best Regards,

Andy M.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,649 Views)