cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control & Simulation Loop error message

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I'm trying to simulate the kinematics of a car and its performance in relation to acceleration. I've tried to use a control & simulation loop to integrate the signal to obtain the velocity as well as the acceleration and im then trying to plot them on an XY graph.

I've tried to figure out what I've done wrong, but every time I run the VI its comes up with an error message. Does anyone have any idea where I've gone wrong here?

I've attached a snip of the block diagram, and the error.

Thanks in advance,

Chango

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,311 Views)

Hello Chango,

Please attach your VI(s) as well, recreating it from your screenshot will not work.

Apart from that: Had you seen this Forum thread: Error -2318 occurred at Integrator.vi -> The dimension of the parameter vectors of this function do ...?

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,284 Views)

Hi,

I've uploaded the VI's, aswell as the global variables.

I have tried the solution on the linked page as well, however it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Chango

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,280 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChangoMutney

Hey Chango,

My guess is that the Integrator function is the cause: It's default initial condition is a numeric array ("vector") with just one number inside; the output of your mathscript node is a vector with two numbers. Wiring a correct initial condition into it makes the code work on my end (after some changes as your VIs had more issues).

2019-03-22_09-06-38.png

Does it work on your end as well? My changed VI is attached.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
Message 4 of 4
(2,263 Views)