LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Design & Simulation - Transfer Function

Hi everybody..

i need to determinate the transfer function of a DUT; i saw that in Labview the "Control Design and Simulation Module" has a lot of VI that allow you to perform frequency measures, find Bode graph ecc ecc.. The question is: with this module is it possible to find out the transfer function of a DUT?? If i have the stimulus signal (input of the DUT) and the response signal (output of the DUT) is there a vi that "write" the transfer function?? i mean the mathematical equation of the DUT?? I need to know this before because i am going to download the evaluation mode of the module..

Thank you

Nigeltorque
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,139 Views)

Please answer.. just yes or not..

Nigeltorque
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,136 Views)

I am not intimately familiar with the module, but you can read the help without downloading the module.

Jarrod S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,123 Views)

So I am only allowed to answer yes or no? Smiley Sad

I don't know what a DUT is, but it sounds like you might be looking for the System Identification Toolkit. Read about it here: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209045

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,119 Views)

Thanks for the answers..

well DUT is a Device Under Test, in my case is a vacuum-tube amplifier. 

Nigeltorque
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,113 Views)

Hi nigeltorque,

As above, the System Identification toolkit should provide the functionality you require.  You can create continuous/discrete transfer functions from logged data and much more.

I think the SI Transfer Function Estimation Express VI will be really useful if you already have the stimulus and response signals logged.  This will output a system model which you can display using the SI Draw Model VI.  You can alternatively extract the numerator and denominator coefficients if you would like to use these elsewhere in your program.

Please let us know how you get on with the toolkit!

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,104 Views)

I use Labview Student Edition 2010, and i download the "Control Design & Simulation Module" Evaluation Mode.

When i open a project i see the voice "Control Design & Simulation" on the function palette but it' empty, there is no .vi and if i open a project with this .vi labview can't find them. I am sure the installation is ok, i have done everything in the correct way...

Do you know why i can't use the .vi ??

Everyone else with the same problem??

Thanks

Nigeltorque
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,050 Views)