LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control 2D of LEDs using 1D of switches & Using sensor library output in a different VI myRIO

Hello everyone 

Goal: control a 2D array of LEDs using a 1D array of toggle switches. 

Description: in other words, we want to use, for example, a one toggle switch to light on/off an array of LEDs, for example, a 2x2 array of LEDs or more. we could do that but I feel we are repeating using the same function to achieve something where it could be achieved in a better way using some LabVIEW functions/features.... etc. so I would like to see how others think or might tell me about some good functions to use it in order to get the functionality described above.

One more question please: 

I am using some temperature/humidity sensor with NI myRIO in my LabVIEW project, the library of that sensor I could find it online ( as a very beginner learner in LabVIEW was not easy to start with myRIO and write a full FPGA application/Library) so for this reason, I want to insert this library to my project.

For example, the library has 3 important sections, 2 of them (example, and API) under the FPGA target device and the last important file I think is main (RT). 

after compiling this FPGA application (sensor library) it gives 2 indicator outputs (Temperature and Humidity), and I want to show up these 2 outputs in my LabVIEW project. 

we tried to put our code inside the main RT file and run it but it was not helping. I think there should be a way to use some output measurements from the sensor to some VI. 

so if someone has an idea or has worked with sensor libraries and some FPGA devices in LabVIEW, I would be glad if they share their ideas. 

Thanks 

Ali 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,424 Views)

Hello 🎉🎉 

update on the 2nd issue: The library issue is solved. 

I would still like to get your ideas/opinions about the 1st issue (Control 2D of LEDs using 1D of switches) 

Thanks 

Ali 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,392 Views)

Hello All,

Greetings for the day!

Hope you are doing well and safe.

I am beginner in the LabVIEW programming world.

Goal: (10 different users)

1. To simulate 2D array of LEDs (On or OFF) as per the input from the user from 1D array of control toggle switches (for ON and OFF).

2. For each user input simulate two different intensity (2 different 2D array of LEDs with different color).

Please find the attached code (a basic try for only two user inputs), which I am trying to achieve the Goal. But not able to succeed. I am familiar with C programming, the array indexing and nested for loop will help to achieve the same, but not able to relate it straight forward.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jay

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,367 Views)

Maybe you want to talk this over with your classmates.

Let's keep it all in one thread.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,363 Views)