From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous recording of DAQ software

Hi, I am new to lab view and am trying to develop a monitoring system for one of our projects.  I am able to obtain and monitor all the imputs however when I try to save them only th first 100 are saved.  I have read through many forums and tried different apporaches to the problem but non seemed to work.  So far I tried increasing the buffer rate, which gave me more stored data but made the program run very unstable.  Next I tried to decrease the sample rate and this didn't work either.  So from there I tried the producer/consumer method but when I hooked it up my data type wasn't supported.  I tried to send the data through on a resister but it just recorded the same 100 points over and over. 

Any help would be appreciated, I have attached my VI, Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,344 Views)

Hi SReeves,

So far I tried increasing the buffer rate, which gave me more stored data but made the program run very unstable.  Next I tried to decrease the sample rate and this didn't work either.

DAQAssistent buffer size and sample rate have nothing to do with data saving…

So from there I tried the producer/consumer method but when I hooked it up my data type wasn't supported.

That's a very nice approach. But you need to learn how to get rid of DynamicDatatype and ExpressVIs - then the P-C-scheme is perfect!

There's a function named "From DDT"…

tried to send the data through on a resister

How do you send data through a resistOr? Does the context help name the item that way?

Right now there are several issues:

- the data acquisition is in the loop, but the data saving is after the loop. THINK DATAFLOW: how should that ever save ALL data you want to acquire?

- For all your gauges/tank indicators you can show a digital display. No need for an additional numeric indicator…

You have a nice Windows user name… 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(2,313 Views)