LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous recording of DAQ software

Hi, I am new to lab view and am trying to develop a monitoring system for one of our projects.  I am able to obtain and monitor all the imputs however when I try to save them only th first 100 are saved.  I have read through many forums and tried different apporaches to the problem but non seemed to work.  So far I tried increasing the buffer rate, which gave me more stored data but made the program run very unstable.  Next I tried to decrease the sample rate and this didn't work either.  So from there I tried the producer/consumer method but when I hooked it up my data type wasn't supported.  I tried to send the data through on a resister but it just recorded the same 100 points over and over. 

Any help would be appreciated, I have attached my VI, Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,329 Views)

Hi SReeves,

So far I tried increasing the buffer rate, which gave me more stored data but made the program run very unstable.  Next I tried to decrease the sample rate and this didn't work either.

DAQAssistent buffer size and sample rate have nothing to do with data saving…

So from there I tried the producer/consumer method but when I hooked it up my data type wasn't supported.

That's a very nice approach. But you need to learn how to get rid of DynamicDatatype and ExpressVIs - then the P-C-scheme is perfect!

There's a function named "From DDT"…

tried to send the data through on a resister

How do you send data through a resistOr? Does the context help name the item that way?

Right now there are several issues:

- the data acquisition is in the loop, but the data saving is after the loop. THINK DATAFLOW: how should that ever save ALL data you want to acquire?

- For all your gauges/tank indicators you can show a digital display. No need for an additional numeric indicator…

You have a nice Windows user name… 🙂

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 2
(2,298 Views)