From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous data acquisition while running a recipe using event structures

Hi,

I'm new to LV and I am writing code to run a deposition tool. The tool requires recipies which I wrote using event structures and works fine. The problem is that I can't continously monitor the pressure in the chamber while the recipe is running. Is there a way to do coninous data acquistion while my recipe is running. 

Before I start the recipe data acquistion is fine, as soon as I start the recipe it stops, and resumes again when the recipe is over. 

Thanks,

K

LV10, Win XP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,037 Views)

K,

Add a second while loop (outside your current one) and move the pressure acquisition code to it.  It will run in parallel with your recipe code.

The reason you are seeing the behavior you are is that when no recipe is running the event structure times out every 50ms, allowing your while loop to iterate and take another pressure reading.  Once you enter a recipe your main while loop does not iterate until the recipe is done, consequently you don't get any pressure updates.

I hope this makes sense -- if not post back and I'll try to clarify.  Also looking at your code I'm guessing you have previous programming experience outside of LabVIEW, is this the case?

~Simon

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,029 Views)