LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous analog acquistion without locking time and without blind time

Hello,

I posted this on a different board then realized it was the wrong location for it.

I am writting an application that needs to monitor an analog signal 100% of the time (no down time). An external analog circuit monitors the analog signal too and triggers a PFI input to start the sampling.

I create a task that is pending on DAQmxReadAnalogF64 and triggered by a PFI input.

The first issue I had with this was that to ensure 100% detection time I had to use an infinite time out i.e. a front on PFI would be detected 100% of the time. An infinite timeout was not the greatest as it prevented my application from exiting (task would never quit).

I added a timeout of 1s and this fixed the issue of having the task to prevent the application from exiting. However now, every 1s I need to stop the acquistion task, start it again and start a new read. My understanding of this is that now I'm not able to detect a front 100%, since part of the time I spend re-initializing the acquisition task.

This is the code I use - could somebody tell me if there is a way to make this code able to detect fronts on PFI 100% of the time, even just after the read has reached a timeout? (code shortened because apparently they are limitations with message length)

When you stop a task, do you prevent any possible triggering on PFI? Is the task still able to acquire after it's been stopped and before it's restarted?

while(true == m_RunTask)
{
    int32 startTastStatus = DAQmxStartTask(m_TaskHandle);

samplesRead = 0;

int32 readAnalogStatus = DAQmxReadAnalogF64( m_TaskHandle,
                                                  ​                           -1,
                                                  ​                           m_ReadTimeOut,
                                                  ​                           DAQmx_Val_GroupByScanNu​mber,
                                                  ​                           readBuffer,
                                                  ​                           m_NumSamples,
                                                  ​                           &samplesRead,
                                                  ​                           NULL
                                                  ​                           );
        int32 stopTaskStatus = DAQmxStopTask(m_TaskHandle);

switch(readAnalogStatus)
        {
            case 0:
            {
               double * p_Data = new double[samplesRead*m_NumChannels]; // OKed

for(uint32_t i = 0; i < static_cast<uint32_t>(samplesRead)*m_NumChannels; i++)
               {
                  p_Data[i] = readBuffer[i];
               }

NewTriggerHandle(p_Data, samplesRead);

delete [] p_Data; // OKed

break;
            }
           case DAQmxErrorSamplesNotYetAvailable:
           {
               TimeOutHandle();
               break;
           }
           default:
           {}
        } // switch(readAnalogStatus)
    } // while(true = m_Run)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,089 Views)

I think you found the wrong board again.  This is a LabVIEW board and your text based code looks nothing like LabVIEW.

Try the LabWindows board.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,080 Views)