LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Wavelet Scale to Frequency

Hello,

I have created a scalogram in Lab View (with the Signal Processing Toolset 7.0). However, now I want to plot not the scale but the frequency. The problem is (of course) that the frequency axis will not be linear. Is there a possibilty to create a nonlinear axis?

Looking forward to your answers, thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,245 Views)

@civil-Ing wrote:
Hello,

I have created a scalogram in Lab View (with the Signal Processing Toolset 7.0). However, now I want to plot not the scale but the frequency. The problem is (of course) that the frequency axis will not be linear. Is there a possibilty to create a nonlinear axis?

Looking forward to your answers, thank you.

Why, yes indeed. It seems you can create a logarithmic scale, which is non-linear. However, it seems labview does this all in the "mapping" section of its graphs axis. I tried to create a property node to control the issue; sadly, it only allows you to do 0-linear, 1-logarithmic. I don't believe you can insert a formula into labview that will control how your graph exists.

I suppose, depending on how complex you want to get, you could always create multiple plots, each having a certain axis start and stop location. Then just sort of fudge the graphs really close to each other. In the end, it might look sort of peculiar, however, it would be a possibility. This depends on the complexity and the resolution of your desired plot.

Sorry, but that's the best I can do, figured I'd shoot an idea your way since no one else has.

Sincerely,
ElSmitho
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,239 Views)