LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construct remote control cct with Labview (RS232)

I doing a inspection system for checking my company audio product. For IR transmitting, I'm using a universal remote controller now. I would like replace it by using a circuitry and Labview(RS232). So whichever signal I need to send, I just key into the program. I need help to kick start for this Labview remote control. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,354 Views)
Hi Norman,
first of all think about the protokoll: How much circuitry do you want to implement?
the RS232 protokoll is not very flexible (it's ment to be a standard!), so if your IR protokoll don't uses one start bit, (5?-)7-8 Databit, Parity, Stopbit etc your only chance is the use of the control lines to create your pulse train. However I have no idea about your IR pulse timing but I would suggest you might get +-3ms accuracy (you will never know with windows (non realtime) systems) unless you don't write your own driver (and who wan'ts to develop hardware driver for windows? 😉
next step would be a microcontroller as a translator to handle the IR timing and rs232 (since your company have a product with IR, maybe your R&D can build up that system quick
ly)

With a little luck, you might google something like a IR remote control with RS232.

have fun
Henrik
Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,354 Views)