From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two GUI together.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, the attached is my GUI. im trying to create two mode of the system. the first ( running by optimization) which will be done using this GUI.

the second (manual mode) which i want to be moving to another GUI when i choose it PLUS stopping the first GUI (running by optimization).and when i move back to the (running optimization mode) i want the ( manual mode GUI) to stop.

will that be possible?

please help me out.

thanks alot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,013 Views)

If I understand correctly I think you might want to look into using subpanels. They essentially call the front panel of another VI and display it in/on your current front panel.

Check out this link: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvhowto/loading_panel_in_subpanel/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(2,995 Views)

Hi, thanks for replying

wanted to know one thing. can i stop running the current VI and run the sub VI?

im doing that because each of the GUI has different control over certain DAQ pots. the current gui passes to the DAQ ports optimized values from a file  uploaded to labview. and the subvi is manual control using vertical sliders. therefore, i need to stop running on of them at a time else the GUI will give me error msg.

thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(2,975 Views)

There are several ways you can achieve this. First off, you will want to have a single shell of a VI which loads the subpanel with the desired GUI. Through the shell the user can select which GUI to view and interact with. Your process tasks can either run as background tasks and use messaging via queues, notifiers or user event to control when they start and stop. The other alternative would be to have your shell VI dynamically load the appropriate GUI when needed. When you need to switch you would stop the running GUI and load the other one.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(2,964 Views)

hi!

i like the first idea! but how to do it? im kinda new on labview (one month).

please guide me i will me gradeful 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(2,957 Views)

I would start with the shipping examples that are included with LabVIEW that cover subpanels. After reviewing those come back with any questions you may have.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(2,955 Views)

Another option that might be simpler is to put the two different interfaces onto a tab control.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,952 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,935 Views)

Yes. If you have the tabs visible, you can monitor the value of the control. If you hide the tabs, you can have a control on each. For example, on the auto tab, a button labeled 'Switch to Manual'. On the manual tab, a button labeled 'Switch to Auto'.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,931 Views)

this is little too advanced relative to my level 😞

i need examples to follow, do u hv any?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,929 Views)