LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Pressure Transducer to DAQ 9237

Hello,

Please, I have DAQ 9237 and pressure transducer PX309-500G5V. The calibration for pressure transducer from manufacture is 0.003 Vdc equal 0 PSI and 2.512 Vdc equal 250PSI and 5.001 Vdc equal 500 PSI. My question does DAQ 9237 support this voltage or I have to provide external excitation to the DAQ?

I tried to change mv/v to v/v but I got an error. Do I need to use mv/v or v/v? I attached my configuration 

When I tried to change mv/v to v/v I got an error.

I connected the pressure transducer to DAQ using the instruction from NI and shut down the enable SHUNT calibration

I attached my code

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,342 Views)

Have you taken a look at the spec sheet or calibration to see if the specifications are given in mV/V versus V/V? If this is not called out on these sheets, it may be because this is not a bridge based sensor. 

In my past experience, the 9237 is best suited to ratiometric sensors (i.e. sensors that output 4-20mA), rather than non-ratiometric devices that offer a 0-5V output. 

Check out this article about what the mV/V really means. I believe there is another variant of this sensor that would work a little better with the 9237.

Best,

Sam R.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,272 Views)

I agree with SamuRei, it seems your sensor is best suited to NI 9205.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,249 Views)

Hi. I have a ni-9237 available and I would like to read pressure. Kindly suggest a pressure transducer I should use. I was thinking about Honeywell TJE but i'm not so sure which one will work with this Ni module

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,857 Views)