From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Arduino with raspberry pi

Hi

Is it possible to connect arduArd with raspberry pi and program both by labview??

Please advise 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,085 Views)

@Mustafasei wrote:

Hi

Is it possible to connect arduArd with raspberry pi and program both by labview??

Please advise 

Yes and no.

1. LabVIEW LINX  allows you to program Arduinos and Raspberry Pi's  with LabVIEW
  2. But I do not believe LINX allows "stand alone" operation. Meaning an Arduino will always need to be tethered (wired or wireless) to a computer running LabVIEW.  I believe this also holds true for LINX and the Raspberry Pi but I don't know for sure as I have never been successful getting LINX to run on a Pi
========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,034 Views)

Hi

There is method to connect Arduino to raspberry pi but I didn't understand the way for how to do it and no one in the makerhub forums answer me on my question

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,884 Views)

@Mustafasei wrote:

Hi

There is method to connect Arduino to raspberry pi but I didn't understand the way for how to do it and no one in the makerhub forums answer me on my question

Hmmm not a lot to go one here but I am guessing you want to use LabVIEW running on a Raspberry PI to communicate with an Arduino connected to the PI?

I can't say I have ever tried anything like that. Why do you need the Raspberry PI? Why not just use LabVIEW and the Arduino?

But I do not believe LINX can do this. You are going to have to program the Arduino using the Arduino IDE and then use LabVIEW to "talk to it" just like any other device on a serial port. That is either have the Arduino constantly transmit the data you want or program some queries and query the Arduno when you need information from it. 

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,876 Views)

Hi

I need this method in order to use the analog inputs of the Arduino to be used for RPI sunce it doesn't have analog inputs.

Till now I can programm the Arduino with labview also I can programm the RPI with labview but now I need to connect the Arduino on RPI usb port and proceed 

Would you please take a look at the post in link from makerub since this is the only one explain how but I couldn't understand it https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1472

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,869 Views)

Hello, 

I'm also trying to do the same as you but couldn't find anything ... your link also doesn't work anymore. you wouldn't have the new link please? and also if someone managed to connect Arduino to the Labview runtime on the Raspberry Pi? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,993 Views)