LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect load cell to Arduino through SPI interface using LINX in LabView

Hello,

How do I get loadcell signals into LabView using LINX and arduino UNO? Loadcell is connected to SPI interface card (see attached image). I use the example program SPI LINX from

LabView. I'm a newbie to SPI, so I have no idea what to do, but I know that all connectors and wires is connected correctly from loadcell to SPI interface card. From SPI card to Arduino I also think it's correct(See attached images).

SPI example block diagram.png

SPI example.png

regards,

paalbrok

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,965 Views)

Hi Paalbrok,

How are you doing with this problem? Are you still experiencing issues? Do you have any documentation for the Load cell?

Some general SPI with Arduino background can be found here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/SPI

Kind regards

Pete

Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,829 Views)

When debugging anything to do with SPI, it's really useful to hook up an oscilloscope (or a logic analyser is even better!) to check the clock/data signals are sending the data you expect and that it matches the datasheet of the SPI device you are talking to.

Some devices say they are SPI...but they actually have a custom SPI-based protocol and that often means it won't work with an SPI library "out of the box".

You might want to try taking LabVIEW out of the equation and try just writing an Arduino sketch to talk to the load cell (there might be a library for the chip you're using...especially if it's a Sparkfun device!) - once you've got that, you might find it easier to implement this as a custom command in LINX, or just implement some simple serial code to output the values and read them in LabVIEW using VISA.

You might also want to ask over the in the LabVIEW MakerHub forums: https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,820 Views)