LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect OMRON PLC CP1E/NA (hostlink) to LabView via Serial Cable

I am trying to connect my PLC (Omron CP1E-NA) to LabView. The PLC supports Hostlink when talking to PC.

I have LabView Full development environment and DSC Module installed. Other modules are avaiable if needed.

My project is to connect this PLC to LabView so that I can develop control interface via LabView. The connection between PLC and PC is RS232 cable.

I am not sure how to configure LabView in order to enable communication with PLC.

Any possible connection methods are welcome. My work is somewhat urgent, so I look forward to your help very much.

Thank you all for your kindly help.

Wei

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,035 Views)

Is it possible to test the connection from PLC to PC using the PLC software?  This way you can verify the connection, and then connect with LabVIEW or even better use some manual commands with MAX.

-------
Mark Ramsdale
-------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,027 Views)

PLC's software can communicate with the PLC only via USB. It can connect to a control interface development software via serial cable.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,021 Views)

As you mentioned MAX, what should I do with manual commands? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,019 Views)

I tried to configure my PLC in MAX. I connected PLC with PC via serial cable. In MAX, it says it works properly. What's the next step? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,017 Views)

hi , i had been trying to establish communication with NI WLS 9163 but not been possible , i used following setting  in My plc

port numner - 31415 

ip address of module ,

or else let me know what commands i can send to receive response from ni wls 9163 through a third party application ie like my plc

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,889 Views)

Hello Mateen,

I believe that it would be better if you created a new thread for this question. The original thread is attempting communication via rs-232 and your question is related to wireless configuration. Hopefully in a new thread you will have a larger community response relating to this question.

Thanks,

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,871 Views)

howdo i create a new post/forum thread

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,868 Views)

Hello Mateen,

Here is a forum thread that describes the steps to posting:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Quick-Introduction-to-the-Forums-for-New-Us...

I hope you have success finding solutions using the NI Discussion forum.

Thanks,

Joel

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,851 Views)

Dears,

i am also having omron PLC CP1E -NA module, and i would like purchase the labview 2013 development module.

before that i would like to get your opinion for the utilities.

Can I interface with the PlC via Rs232c ,

kindly advice to me.

Regards

R kumarsamy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,274 Views)