From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Muse 2 Headband on LabView

Hello,
I would like to connect a Muse2 headband to Lab View in order to follow live EEGs. As my headband is low energy I use a Bluetooth adapter.
When I try to find my device on MAX, it does not find it you would have already had this kind of problem.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,908 Views)

Hello,

what kind of bluetooth adapter are you using?

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,844 Views)

I use a micro USB transmitter Bluetooth 4.0 IOGEAR

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,838 Views)

Hello,

For BLE devices there has to be driver software. You can try sending the Tx Commands otherwise. In your case IOgear has to appear as a COM port If i am correct.

You have to refer the programmer manual of that device and come up like this or switch to this device which has driver written by community member.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Community-Documents/LabVIEW-BLE-Bluetooth-Low-Energy-toolkit/ta-p/3538612

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,829 Views)

Yes it is indeed it appears as a COM. I will try your solution thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,825 Views)

Hello,

After several days of research I still haven't managed to connect my Muse head band to Labview.

I am using a USB dongle. How could I display my device data on labview.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,226 Views)

hello szorobab,

As I told earlier you have to install the dongle driver and get the programmer  manual and look for Tx and Rx commands. send the commands through VISA. or you can buy bluegiga bled112 and use the driver in the link.

Thanks & Regards,
Bharath Kumar
GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,214 Views)

Hi, 

I read on the NI site that if I installed the dongle driver it did not work because I had to use the bluetooth stack of windows. But I will try your method again.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,193 Views)