From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect LabView with OPC

Hi guys, I'm new to Labview. I would like to connect my Labview with my OPC device. May I know what is the best way to do it. Can anyone provide me with the clear and correct way to do it. Much appreciated. Another question from me, may I know what is the different between Labview NXG and Labview SP1. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,133 Views)

Two questions:

1. Are you using OPC DA or OPC UA?
  2. Is LabVIEW acting as a client or server in this case?
Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,094 Views)

1. I'm using OPC UA

2. Labview acting as a client in this case.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,060 Views)

I can't speak for NXG.

For LabVIEW, you need the "OPC UA Toolkit". It comes with an example project, which pretty much explains everything, and should be quite straight forward if you already have any idea what OPC UA is.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,046 Views)

@Sebastian.Weber wrote:

[...] and should be quite straight forward if you already have any idea what OPC UA is.

I completed a project with this toolkit last year and found it pretty straight-forward without even knowing how to spell "OPC UA".

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,035 Views)