LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conflict of visa32.dll, since update to Labview 8.0 conflict with TEK software

We are Tektronix customers and with Labview 7.1/MAX everything was working ok with their software to communicate with the oscilloscope from the PC. However, since upgrading to Labview 8.0 on system startup (XP) we get a message:
>
>"Tekvis.3
>
>The iInstalled visa32.dll is not a Tektronix version of VISA. Either disable this program by removing it from the startup directory of re-install TEKVISA."
>
>Obviously we would like to carry on using Labview 8.0 and MAX, but also the Textronix software to grab oscilloscope measurements without having to swap between these two file versions. I re-installed Tektronix software but then MAX stopped working from the NI suite, hence no devices could be seen. I presume that NI will not be re-writing their new visa32.dll file to be backwards compatible, will Tektronix be releasing a newer version of the software that can use the new visa32.dll file? Or perhaps a visa32.dll file compatible with MAX etc?
I have contacted Tektronix but I got this: "Unfortunately I only have LV 7.1 and, like you, it seems to work fine for me. A collegue of mine tried this out with abview 8 and didn't seem to have any problems. Have you contacted NI regarding why TekVisa works with Labview 7.1 but not version 8? "
>Hope you can help,
>
>Best regards,
>
>
>Daniel Hill
Message 1 of 4
(3,204 Views)
Hi DaniBCN

What versions of software are you using? LabVIEW 8 but what about NI-VISA? . You can download the lastest versions from ww.ni.com/downloads.

What scope are you using? What bus (GPIB, ENET, USB)? Here is a great resource to comunicate with tek scopes

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/202E14463D2D819F86256C39005D7828?OpenDocument

I know NI has a great relationship with tektronics (tek has a LV version inside the open scopes, NI has develop a specific version of SignalExpress for Tek scopes)

Hope it helps.

Javier Gutiérrez
NI Aplication Engineering
Message 2 of 4
(3,187 Views)
I have the same problem.  I just installed Tek software, and I got message stating VISA conflict.  Then VISA wouldn't work in Labview.   I uninstalled the Tek software, but that removed the Labview VISA, so I had to reinstall VISA.  Any solutions?
Message 3 of 4
(3,182 Views)

Am using TDS7074 from Tektronix. Windows 98 is built in, in that scope. Also i have downloaded NI VISA 3.01 from NI website (since this is the latest version that supports win 98?). TekVisa developed by the Tektronix is using visa32.dll whereas NI VISA is also needing visa32.dll. How to manage this conflict? Please advice.

Thanks,

Mathan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,807 Views)