From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring an Accelerometer Measurement

Hello!

I am very new to LabView but I am trying to connect a simple accelerometer to my myDAQ port and am following the online guide which suggests the following steps:

1. With MAX open, select Data Neighborhood and click Create New.
  2. Select NI-DAQmx Global Virtual Channel and click Next.
  3. Select Acquire Signals » Analog Input » Acceleration

The problem I am encountering is that when I head to acceleration it does not show any physical channels that are connected (doesn't show anything at all).

Please could anyone advise on what I may be doing wrong or how else to fix this issue?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,843 Views)

There are several kinds of Accelerometers.  Some take a 5v power supply and supply three analog voltages proportional to the components of acceleration along the accelerometer's X, Y, and Z axes.  Others sample the data (or otherwise obtain X, Y, and Z) and output a (typically ASCII) stream of data bytes.  The first interface usually requires 5 wires (V+, Gnd, X, Y, Z), while the second usually has a USB connector or requires 2-3 wires (for digital signals).

Would you like us to guess the make and model of your Accelerometer?  Would you like us to guess how you've wired it up to your myDAQ?  How about pointing us to the "online guide" (or should we guess that, too)?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,837 Views)