LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring NI Labview to work with Telelogics CM Synergy 6.3

Having successfully set up NI TestStand to work with Telelogics CM Synergy 6.3 by downloading the Integration patch from their website and carrying out the associated work, I want to achieve the same with LabVIEW 6.1. When I select the "Configure SCC Options" the Provider field offers only the "Built-in" option. I need to see something akin to "CM Synergy" in this field. Can anyone asssit?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,635 Views)
Hi,

When you select Telelogics CM Synergy as an SCC provider, LabVIEW checks the registry to verify that CM Synergy is installed.

You need to to select Tools>>Configure SCC options.Also once you have downloaded CM synergy 6.3,you should be able to select that path and configure your setup.

Please do let me know, how you get on with it.

Best Regards

Atul Wahi
Applications Engineer
www.ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,625 Views)
Atul,

Thanks for getting back to me. I believe I need to navigate from Tools->Source Code Control->Configure SCC Options in the LabVIEW environment... when I do this I get the dialogue box in the attached .bmp file. I'm hoping to see CM Synergy 6.3 in the drop down list in this box, but only see the 'Built-in' option. Can you assist further?

Thanks and regards,

Nick M.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,625 Views)
I too need to use Telelogics Synergy as our configuration control server. I have labview 8 pro and Synergy 6.4 Client installed.  The Synergy server lies on a remote machine.   When I select Tools»Options to display the Options dialog box and select Source Control from the Category list the Source Control page displays but there is not a choice for synergy in the Source Control Provider Name. I only see "None".

The documentation says "On Windows, LabVIEW scans the Windows registry to determine which source control providers are installed and uses that information to populate the Source Control Provider Name pull-down menu." This does not appear to be happening.

To Note: The synergy client is intalled locally but the synergy server is installed on a seperate server.  I note this as I assume labview does not need the a local synergy server (which would be rediculous, how would one share source?) but rather connects to the synergy server via the local synergy client.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,461 Views)

Hi There,

According to this KB <http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/3C1EADFF9708084A86256E85005636AA?OpenDocument>, Telelogic's CM Synergy package doesn't support MSCCI right out of the box, so you must configure it. Here are some other documents that give more information:

Which Third-Party Source Control Providers Can I Use with LabVIEW 8.0 and later?
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/26EC5904169430CE8625706E00743997?OpenDocument

Using Source Control Software with LabVIEW
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/4E211360D196AA7D8625706E0063DC70

Have a great day!

Regards
Prashanth

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,438 Views)
In reponse to Nick M, LabVIEW 6.1 only supports Perforce, Microsoft Visual Sourcesafe and LabVIEW's built-in provider. LabVIEW 6.1 does not work with Synergy. LabVIEW 8.0 is the first version that has the ability to work with Synergy.
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,428 Views)

Additional articles of interest are:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B68CCC0FCD1C426486257163005106E5 which speaks of the necessary registry key. (aka why a particuler CM application might not show up in the Configuration Control dialog)

And: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3c1eadff9708084a86256e85005636aa which speaks of the patch.  Note that when I viewed the link at the bottom of the article it did not lead to the patch location on Telelogics web site. Rather it led to some support pages.

The patch can be found at:  <>synergy drop down, select Product Downloads, Current Integration section, click on SYNERGY/CM 6.4, Windows section, PC Integrations.  I downloaded this and installed the only SCCI integration. That install created the registry key.

And a document about MSCCI: http://download2.telelogic.com/synergy/cm_synergy/6.2/cm_synergy/documentation/scc_api_conform.pdf

Now the issue is descerning functionality.  Initially, upon setup, I am prompted to select a project which does not seem appropriate. Also note that in the Tools->Source Control->Configure Source Control dialog a specific Source Control Project can be listed.  These seems odd as I would expect the configuration of Source Control and usage such as creating or selecting a particular project would be seperate.

I perceive my next step to be create a source tree from an existing project in labview.  This is not possible because a Source Control configuration forces one to select a project. Therefor new Source Control project must be created outside of labview.  ie directly in Synergy.  I will give that a go and report back.

thanks

Message Edited by kbsimm on 09-01-2006 11:30 AM

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,424 Views)
After further investigation I have some more details....

Now that Synergy is configured if I want to add a .vi file to Source Control I open that .vi and then select Tools->Source Control->Add to Source Control. I then get the Add to Source Control dialog.  If I select OK here the dialog closes but nothing happens. The file is not added to Source Control dialog. If instead of selecting OK I select Advanced in order to select a Task I get a Select Task dialog.

If I then select OK then dialog momentarily disappears but then returns and Labview is hung.  Task Manager shows Labview as not resonponding and I can not continue.

If I select Cancel I get the same result.

I have opened ticket 7127597 with NI which they have not been able to resolve. They have closed 7127597 and opened ticket 7129017 so that they can present this issue to their R&D department. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,335 Views)
The following reply was recieved from NI concerning 7129017. So it looks like direct integration between Labview and Synergy is not possible.

From NI tech support:
"Unfortunately we have exhausted all resources here as far as synergy is
      concerned. We cannot debug LabVIEW interfacing with Synergy as it is
      impossible for us to get the Synergy software ourselves. The customer
      who did manage to get the two working together is no longer
      available. We have no means of knowing how exactly LabVIEW interacts
      with Synergy and you will have to contact Telelogic's technical
      support to resolve this issue. I am very sorry this has been such a
      long process but we tried every possible avenue that we could."

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,332 Views)
Hi,
Telelogics CM Synergy 6.5 seems different to Telelogics CM Synergy 6.3. There are no 2 .dll file needed to be replaced.
I try to use NI TestStand4.0 to work with Telelogics CM Synergy 6.5 and Telelogic DOORS 8.2. Could anyone give me a hand?
Thanks,
HT
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,793 Views)