LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure load cell in executable

I am looking to run a labview application that has two control loops that reads a load cell and allows for load set point control via a pneumatic cylinder.  I will be using an executable file to run the program.  Is it possible to have the user configure a load cell prior to activating a control loop, instead of having to permanently specify this in the daq assistant in the labview code?  I'm using a NI9237 module, and basically would like the user to have the ability to set the channel in the NI9237 module to read the load cell in the executable file.  This would allow me to use several different load cells and mix and match them, without having to update the source code.  The load cells would all have TEDS capability.  Please let me know if there are any options to achieve this functionality.

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,201 Views)

It's definitely possible. I would recommend against DAQ Assistant though - why not use DAQmx functions instead. Your control over the system will be much more clearly defined. 

You can create a dialog of some sort (either a VI, or using the express dialog function). If you make a separate dialog VI, you can put a DAQmx Physical Channel control on the front panel and choose the channel from the module (you can also limit it to a specific device, if you know it will always be that NI9237). 

If you use the express dialog function, I think you can only set the input value to a Number, String or Boolean, so you'd need to enter the appropriate string, or parse a channel line number, or similar. This is more likely to lead to operator error, but it's doable and wouldn't require a pop-up VI to be written.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,169 Views)