LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concatenate an updating array

I am reading a memory address from a PC and taking the data from this pointer and then generating a 2D (28x32) array of data. Lets call this array X.

The issue I am trying to resolve is that I want a second array (array Y) to be an appended version of a continually updated array X.

Here is what I want to accomplish:

So I am at the beginning of my program, I read my memory address and generate array X. I then send that data to array Y. From there I go back and read from the memory that has been updated and take in new values for array X. I then want to pass an updated array X to append array Y with the new data.  Array Y would become a 56x32 array, then 84x32...  (n*28) x32 array.

I would ideally like to have this run without a max set to the appending portion. I would ideally like to keep appending array Y until the rest of the program is done running through its stuff. Any help would be excellent. 

If this has been answered elsewere I'm sorry for the spam, but I have been unable to locate it. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,375 Views)

Hi Renniks,

first you should consider to use BuildArray in "Concat" mode and then you should read the knowledge base article on handling large datasets...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,361 Views)

plz anybody tell how to concatenate updating array..? actually i am creating array with conitonusly changing input array ...problem is with the INDEX....i am not able to increse my index ,and cannot create array with prevoius and present data 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,248 Views)

Hi sagardoshi,

why do you need to fiddle with some INDEX when you want to concatenate to an array using BuildArray function? All you need is a shift register and a BuildArray node:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,244 Views)

The default behavior of build array is to increase the dimensions. To contatenate, you need to set the property of the build array node to "Concatenate Inputs"

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F0D6E603E1E247428625733A0069CAAA

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,235 Views)