LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computation performance on Mac

I have just installed LV 7.1 for Mac OSx and have been trying to use it for data analysis. I was excited to see the performance of my dual 2Ghz G5 with 1.5Mb RAM compared to what I've been using on my old G3 and the PC...

Wow, was I supprised. The performance is so poor that it is unbelievable! It is so poor that my old 400Mhz G3 using Mac OS9 and LV6.1 is about 4 times faster using the same application. The PC version running on a 2.8Ghz P4 is about 15 times faster.

The application is heavy with curve fits, filtering and plotting. I have not done any performance profiling yet because I'm so disgusted.

Did I install LV incorrectly?

This performance is so bad, I'm left to wonder why I spent the money to upgrade to 7.1???
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,151 Views)
I have not seen that kind of behavior on my G4 or G5 machines. OS X does memory allocation much differently from OS 9. Since your application appears to possibly have large data sets yu may want to look at buffer reuse and memeory allocation. If you can post a sample which demonstrates the problem perhaps someone cna identify the cause of the slowdown.

Lynn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,141 Views)