LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compress program and saving Boolean

Hi all,

I wanted to ask if anyone could help me compress my program to make it into subVIs where possible to increase running speed (program attached).
Still relatively new to labVIEW but happy with how I went with this program (it's a big program by my standards Smiley Happy)

My other issue is I want to save the Boolean signals, just so I know when it has sent a true or false and what the time it sent it (refer to write to file2) - it isn't working.

Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy,

William

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,284 Views)

You didn't attach anything except the project file.

The Write to Measurement File in the BIT.vi is in fact working. It writes a 0 or 1 with a time value for the comment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,273 Views)

Hi willsro,

as long as you use a dozen shared variables to supply data there's not much you can do about it.

I want to save the Boolean signals ... - it isn't working.

And what's the problem? Any error messages?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,270 Views)

The Boolean write to file issue - initially I wired the true/false signals to write to file but it produced an error? I can't remember, but I converted them to give a 0 value for false 1 for true. Seemed like the logical thing to do, it didn't produce any errors. But when I execute the program the saved .lvm doesn't appear anywhere?

Any reasons why this could be? I had configured the location in the write to file subvi. to save to a specific location but it doesn't appear at the location. I was thinking maybe the vi. has an issue with saving Boolean signals?

Feedback has been helpful thanks,

William

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,250 Views)

Willsro,

I'm not quite sure why your Write To Measurement File express VI is not working properly. If I am understanding correctly, pands.lvm does not appear in your folder but mainloop.lvm does? Moreover, only Write To Measurement File works while Write To Measurement File2 does not? What sort of error were you receiving? It would be very helpful if you could post the error code. Also, have you tried the Write To Measurement File2 with other data besides booleans since you think that might be the soure of the problem? If you change any of the configuration elements of Write To Measurement File2, does that make the .lvm file appear? 

Thanks,

Michelle Gilliard
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Michelle G
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,219 Views)