cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete n00b

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I suggested getting labview to my boss for some automation I want to do in our lab.  I would like to write the labview program on my laptop and dump the program on a different computer.  Can I do that with the basic version or do I need the full version?  My initial setup will be with labview controlling solenoid valves with an Arduino, and taking voltage measurements with a Keithley DMM.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,959 Views)

You will have to doublecheck the license agreement but I believe you can install a single license on two separate computers provided you do not use both of them at the same time. This would allow you to make your program on your laptop and run your program on another computer.

However, the application builder (to create an exe) is only included in the professional development version or can be purchased as an add-on for ~$1500.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,954 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joking

According to this link a single computer named user license does allow you to install the software on 3 business computers and on another computer at home for a named user license (i.e. tied to you)

Edit: fixed license type

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,942 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author joking

Yup, either make it an EXE, which requires the application builder (which you may or may not have depending on your version) or install LabVIEW in both places, if you don't intend on distributing it more than these machines.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,936 Views)

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,920 Views)