LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling a 3D Picture VI to a .NET Assembly

I have a VI that contains a 3D picture control.  Is it possible to compile the VI to a .NET assembly for use in a Visual Studio 2010 project?  That is, I would like just the 3D picture control to be visible on the VS form (and obviously be able to communicate with the VI via .NET properties and methods).

If it's not possible or is difficult, is there another method?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,527 Views)

Greetings

I confirmed that a VI with 3D Picture Controls can be successfully compiled to an Interop .NET assembly. However, I don’t have a clear understanding of what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to display the 3D control as a control in your VS-built user interface? Why don’t you use a native .NET or ActiveX 3D picture control? Can you please elaborate a little bit more on what you intent to do, so that we have a better understanding of what you want? Thank you for all the information you provide to us. Have a nice day.

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,497 Views)

Yes, I would like to display the 3D control within the VS interface.  Yes, I could use a native picture control within VS, but I had already written LV code, and a colleague wanted to include it in a VS project.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,482 Views)

Greetings peabody_bass

Even with the Measurement Studio plug-in for Visual Studio, there is no way to load a 3D picture control to your Visual Studio GUI. I have two suggestion though: Use LabWindows/CVI, which is text-based and does support 3D picture controls natively. And the second option is to load the VI as a child window of a Windows Form. You could modify your LabVIEW Front Panel so that it only shows the 3D picture control. I'm linking an example on how to do the second option, I haven't tested it myself, but it looks promising so let us know how it goes. Have a nice day.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/4338

Regards.

Luis J.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,469 Views)