LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiler Error With an Overridden Method.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, 

I got 5 compiler errors that traces back to an overridden method. That also gets a broken arrow with a generic error message. Pressing the broken arrow will recompile the VI and it then works??

FailedCompile.JPG

Any suggestions on how to get rid of these would be appreciated (they pop up in sequence after clearing the compiled object cache):

Compiler 1.JPG

Compiler 2.JPG

Compiler 3.JPG

Compiler 4.JPG

Compiler 5.JPG

Br,

/Roger

Message 1 of 7
(3,017 Views)

Not a single reply from a member, champion, knight, NI AE or even from a expired SR issue ticket.

Challenge Accepted!

Service Request.JPG

What else than to jump into the LV wizard coder dungaree outfit and boot the LV compiler to the bitter taste of hours old tannin laden coffee.

Okay, enough of that nonsense: Here is the recepie to get rid of the compiler errors.

Anyone out there experiencing the same compiler bugs could try it out and see if it works?

1. Create an inlined sub vi containing the code causing a broken arrow and compiler errors.

2. Move out the "Call parent method" VI from the inlined VI.

Workaround.JPG

3. Mission accomplished! No more compiler errors. Yet another successful LV workaround hackery.

Br,

/Roger

Message 2 of 7
(3,001 Views)

Hi Roger,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I'd like to file a Corrective Action Request to our R&D department so that they know about this behavior. Would you be able to attach your original and workaround code to this forum so that I can show it to them?

Thanks!

Alexandra Valiton

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,920 Views)

Hi Alexandra,

I have already sent the source code regarding the service request in the post above. Check on the NI FTP or perhaps Klas Andersson can help you?

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,908 Views)

Hey Roger,

Our FTP site gets wiped regularly due to high volume, so your code is no longer there. Please resubmit your code there and let me know the name, or attach the code here.

Regards,

Alexandra

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,900 Views)

@Alex+ra wrote:

Hey Roger,

Our FTP site gets wiped regularly due to high volume, so your code is no longer there. Please resubmit your code there and let me know the name, or attach the code here.

Regards,

Alexandra

Git is fantastic. Uploading now. Smiley Very Happy

ftp.ni.com:21/incoming/7342472_Compiler_Error.zip 

It should be there in 15 minutes.

Open the LV2011 project: rioPilot/rioTarget.lvproj

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,898 Views)
Solution

Hi Roger,

I wanted to let you know that I've filed a Corrective Action Request (CAR) for this issue. It is CAR #377589. In new releases of LabVIEW, you can check the documentation for fixed issues, and you'll know the issue has been addressed if that CAR # is listed there. Thanks for helping us make LabVIEW better!

Regards,

Alexandra

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 7 of 7
(2,886 Views)