LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile exe subpanel problems

Hi

i.m working on a big VI that has also uses some subpanels. The whole VI works fine when using labview but when I compile an EXE and run the .exe, the program hangs with an Windows error. This occurs at the startup of a subpanel. but not always at the same subpanel, sometimes it opens one subpanel and the next subpanel crashes the program. All the subpanel startup codes are the same..(pat conventions, initializing, etc.) Could it be that i have to add a close reference to each subpanel code..? (I will try this tomorrow) but are there other reasons that it wont work? My paths are ok, because sometimes they open ok.

sorry for my bad english..

Thanks
Bart Bakels

Labview CLD , Engineer/Manager

Promedes and DSM
using LV 7.1, 8.0, 8.2, 8.5 and 2009 SP1
http://www.promedes.nl
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,461 Views)

LV 8.0 has the ability to debug the compiled application.  If you have a valid SSP, you can download it and use it today to debug your issue.

The other alternative is good old printf better known as the dialog box.  Add a series of dailog boxes as the program starts and this will help you isolate where the program is hanging up.  Last good dialog   ---  Problem   --- Didn't see next dialog.

Matt

Matthew Fitzsimons

Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW 6.1 ... 2013, LVOOP, GOOP, TestStand, DAQ, and Vison
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,430 Views)