LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile Server Error

Good morning, 

I have just purchased NI FPGA PCIe 7852R card for my project. When I was trying some example project, I have encountered the following error "The local compile server is not installed on this computer".

My system details:

Windows XP 32bit

NI Labview 2010 SP1

NI FPGA Module 2010

Xilinx Compile Tool 12.4

I suppose that it is because I am using Xilinx compile tool 12.4 instead of 11.5 (I can't find 11.5 on NI website), is it correct?  And anyone could provide me a link for Xilinx Compile Tool 11.5.

Thank you for your time and kind help.

Wei

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,178 Views)

Hello Wei.J,

My name is Larry and I am an Application Engineer at NIUK, I apologise for the delay in response however I hope this information helps.

I understand the problem as being an incompatibility between the Xilinx compile tool version and the FPGA chip being used. When looking at the compatibility charts on the NI website it does seem to be the case that 11.5 would be suitable.

The Xilinx compile tool drivers however are not found on the internet. In order to find the Xilinx 11.5 compile tool you must insert the LabVIEW platform DVD 2 which contains the installation file for this version of Xilinx.

I hope this helps solve the problem, however if more investigation is required please do not hesitate to post on the forum again.

Regards,

Laurence Colvin

Applications Engineer

National Instruments UK

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,070 Views)