LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compile 9076 with LabVIEW 2014 Worked good with 2012 SP1

An internal software error has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support at ni.com/support with the following information:

Error 7 occurred at Open VI Reference in nirviOpenVIRefByNameOrPath.vi->niFpgaRemapObjsAndListIfUnderXNode.vi->niFpgaRemapObjsHandleXNodeSubErrors.vi->nirviMassageErrorList.vi->niFpgaErrorDialog_ParseErrors.vi->niFpgaErrorDialog_ReadErrorData.vi->niFpgaGenerateCode_ErrorDialog.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File not found. The file might be in a different location or deleted. Use the command prompt or the file explorer to verify that the path is correct.

VI Path: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\rvi\CodeGenErrorUtilities\Diagram Constant
All text parsed:

<CodegenErrorList>
          <CodeGenErr>
            <ErrorCode>-64001</ErrorCode>
            <DynamicText>
              <TreeLineInfo>
                <TreeInfo>
                  <TreeID>1</TreeID>
                </TreeInfo>
              </TreeLineInfo>
            </DynamicText>
          </CodeGenErr>

<CodeGenErr>
            <ErrorCode>-64001</ErrorCode>
            <DynamicText>
              <TreeLineInfo>
                <TreeInfo>
                  <TreeID>1</TreeID>
                </TreeInfo>
              </TreeLineInfo>
            </DynamicText>
          </CodeGenErr>

<CodeGenErr>

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,537 Views)

Hi Nieman,

Can you compile a blank FPGA VI for any target with LabVIEW 2014 or is this issue specific to the VI that was working with LabVIEW 2012 SP1?

As defined in the LabVIEW Explain Error, the possible reason for error -64001 is “LabVIEW Elemental IO:  An FPGA I/O Node, I/O Method Node, or I/O Property Node is connected to an I/O name control or constant that does not match the configuration of the node.”

Regards,

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,497 Views)

Yes I have two real time units in the project, one is the 9076 that is giving me the trouble and the other is a 9068 that compiles fine. I have Xlinx 10.1 and Xilinx 14.7 and Vivado 2013.4 compile workers installed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,487 Views)

Hi Nieman,

You have the right compilers for your FPGA targets, based on KB 609GUVBT.

Error -64001 indicates that there is an issue with one of the nodes in your VI. Since you are able to compile a blank FPGA VI, then you should try to identify the node that is causing this problem. When trying to pinpoint this node, I’d recommend executing your FPGA VI with simulated I/O on the development machine, as described in KB 3W6EFRLX,

Also, are you able to reproduce this issue when running one of the LabVIEW Example Finder FPGA VIs that targets your NI 9076? You can find these examples in the Example Finder's  Hardware Input and Output>>CompactRIO section.

Regards,

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,465 Views)