LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation failed due to timing violations

Hello!

I am using a PCI 7833R device with a 160 MHz Single Cycle Timed Loop in FPGA VI. Sometimes, the compilation succeeds without any problem, sometimes it does not due to timing violations. The interesting point is that the difference between requested and achieved rate is then usually very very small. (Requested rate 160.52 MHz, achieved rate 160.34 for example). Even if I reduce the clock rate to 80 MHz, the same problem still sometimes occurs (Requested rate 80 MHz, achieved rate 79.99 for example). What is the reason for such a failure? Can I change the compilation strategies? 

Thank you

Jale

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,502 Views)
LabVIEW 2009, they added some options for compiling. You can change the effort to high. May help but will cause longer compile times.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,489 Views)

Thanks for answering.

I am using Labview 8.5 and at the FPGA Target Properties Window I can see only the options genaral, top-level clock and conditional disable symbols. Unfortunately, there is no tab with Xilinx options.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,472 Views)

Don't know how to do this in 8.5. Found a link with the improvements for each module that you may find interesting.

http://www.ni.com/fpga/upgrade.htm

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,462 Views)