cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility problem with LINX on raspberry pi 4

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I recently bought a raspberry pi 4 model B and I am trying to make LINX work on it, but it seems LINX is only compatible with versions 2/3 of raspberry. Is there a way to make LINX compatible with raspberry pi 4?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,718 Views)

Probably a better question for the LabVIEW Makershub LINX forum

But sad to say, it seems people have lost interest in LINX as the Makerhub and forums are not as active as they once were and I don't think LINX has been updated in years.

Personally I have never been successful getting LINX to run on ANY Raspberry Pi. I have tried R-Pi 2 and 3 and always get the error message "The Unknown is not a supported LINX target" when trying to set up LINX.

Never got an answer either and I just recently asked again on the LINX forum.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 2 of 4
(6,689 Views)

Someone seems to have been successful and even got it to work on a Raspberry Pi 4.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LINX-3-0-on-the-Raspberry-Pi-2-3-and-4-running-Raspbian-Buster/td-p...

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 3 of 4
(6,642 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author memnor

NI must be anticipating new interest with LV Pro version being available for free (private use only).  There's a new LINX soon.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 4
(6,623 Views)