From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparison of DAQ cards

Hello all,

My question is how NI myDAQ is different from other DAQ cards? I mean what is its comparison with other DAQ cards? 

If you can provide a link for comparison of different NI DAQ cards it will be very helpful.

I am asking this question for a presentation.

Regards

Omer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,217 Views)

As far as just NI DAQ cards, there is a range in how they connect to the PC (USB, Ethernet (with cDAQ), PCI, PCIe, PXI), number of channels (some up to 80 channels), Digital IO, counters, and analog outputs, and then you have the accuracies and speed of the channels.

If you really want to dive into this, I recommend going to NI's main DAQ page: http://www.ni.com/data-acquisition/

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(4,201 Views)

Hi Omer,

you can find spec sheets for all NI products on their website.

To discuss specific needs you can also call your local NI sales rep!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,200 Views)

I searched this page for NI myDAQ but i couldnt find it.

In which category is myDAQ present? I searched in USB but i was unable to find.

Also there will be some basic criteria for comparing them.. I mean how do they (NI) thought that customer needs myDAQ.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,192 Views)

Omershah wrote: I mean how do they (NI) thought that customer needs myDAQ.

The myDAQ is an Academic product, meaning only students should be using it.  It should not be recommended to your customers.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,179 Views)

I am also a student and doing a project with myDAQ. That is why i wanted to ask its advantages and disadvantages in comparison with other DAQ cards.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,167 Views)

Here is the specification sheet for the myDAQ.  You can figure out what is different from there.

GCentral
Message 7 of 7
(4,156 Views)