LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CompactRIO Embedded Datalogger Reference Design

As beginner, i think that is realy a good start....
Is there anybody wo use it?

Anyway, I've got few problems....

Can't send to the RIO the config file..by FTP...
On the FTP librairies, the message sent is always empty "" ( on FTP put file.vi..)
then the config file create is empty...
Did I miss something ?

The "load configuration" button doesn't do anything...

The host VI is really slow and I've got a lot of "waiting for RT target to respond"......

Please, give your comments about this example..
What you found good, what bad....!!!.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,825 Views)
Hi Mathbof,

I suppose that you're talking about this reference design: A CompactRIO Embedded Datalogger Reference Design.

First, please take a look on Developing an Embedded Data-Logging Architecture for CompactRIO.ppt. You'll read:
"Reference architectures are targeted at systems integrators and experienced developers (LabVIEW competences required) [...]"(slide 4)

"A reference architecture is NOT a turn-key application or an application wizard to configure an application. LabVIEW experience, as well as application design and development experience are required to successfully use a reference application [...]" (slide 5)
To sum up, reference architecture are not designed to begin with LabVIEW.

Second, this reference design require Simple TCP Messaging Component and LabVIEW Internet Toolkit. If Simple TCP Messaging Components is missing, it could explain erros you get.

So, if you need example and information to begin with LabVIEW:
  • National Intruments provides trainings, in particular for LabVIEW.
  • You'll find examples on NI Developer Zone and in LabVIEW (Help >> Find examples...).
Cordially,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,200 Views)

Dear Mathieu,

I use In-Vehicle Datalogger Reference Application for cRIO. It is well organize, but I couldn't get good perfomances.

I have cRIO-9012, cRIO-9101 and modules cRIO-9203,9219, 9233, 9237 and logging data to the USB flash. 

I put 8 channels of 9203 channels, 4 of 9233 and 4 of 9237 into high speed loop, and 4 of 9219 into low speed loop.

I can get 9219 with 100S/s and other with max logging 2kS/s per channel. When use single modulewith 4 channel max is 10kS/s.

I tried with different DMA sizes, depth, queus sizes and ...

I deploy RT with running vi from PC, not generated rtexe in my tests.

Is it possible to get better perfomances?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,848 Views)

Salac,

Form my experience, the CRIO USB bandwidth is limited to something around 200 KB/s ......

The documentation say "depending application" however don't know if NI have a way to make it faster.

Try to save tdms file with fixed point (32 bits) and use an external loop (in the Logging VI) to use maximum time for writing the file : making the TDMS structure on one part and on another part, concatene the data from the TDMS and save it in the same loop....

Use the internal memory (high speed) or send it to the PC if possible (Ethernet should be able to go faster ...)

Depending your application, you can store data in internal memory (in the 128M or 2 G) and then write the USB file later....

Mathbof

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,840 Views)

Tnx!

cRIO-9012 have 128MB and I need to logg data a few days and there is no PC.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,833 Views)