LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community version migrating to Labview Base

I currently have a project that was started on Community version as I was a beginner to labview; but now that I'm assured labview works for me, I want to purchase the labview base subscription with deployment addons. 

Are there any steps to migrate the old project into labview base and deploy it?

Also I was wondering why there isn't any watermark on the community exe deployment?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,531 Views)

Hi diluc,

call your local NI sales/support for any license issues!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,485 Views)

The short answer is, "no".  You shouldn't have to do anything to migrate the project to LabVIEW Base + App builder.

Let's explore why you would want to downgrade your LabVIEW package from Community Edition (CE) to Base + App builder.  Yes, it is a downgrade because CE is fully comparable to LabVIEW Pro except that CE is only for personal use.  Are you planning on building commercial product?

There is no watermark because why would there be a watermark?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 6
(1,481 Views)

Thanks, yes I'm planning to upgrade to build a commercial product with most of the files from before. 

Regarding the watermark, I thought labview might work similar to other products like AutoCad/SolidWorks where they lock/watermark all your files to force you to remake from scratch with a paid version.

On another note what's preventing small companies from using Labview Community for commercial use secretly?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,466 Views)

@diluc99 wrote:

On another note what's preventing small companies from using Labview Community for commercial use secretly using a stolen LabVIEW license to build their commercial product?

I've rephrased your question to make it easier for you to answer it for yourself ...  It may depend on the size of your Legal Team.

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 6
(1,440 Views)

Be aware that the community edition has significantly more functionality than LabVIEW base. You will be missing many analysis functions (linear algebra, curve fitting, etc.). 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,400 Views)